Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program, NAHA Level 1
Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program Curriculum
a 60-hour self-paced, online training
The JennScents® Aromaversity Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program provides training to confidently use essential oils and botanicals for personal use. Great if you are new to essential oils, have a drawer of them that you don’t quite know what to do with, and want to use for personal and family care.
This program includes 2 specialized training courses specifically designed to give a solid foundation in understanding what essential oils are, how to use them with various application methods, and extensive benefits & uses for 25 essential oils & 12+ carriers.
Ideal aromatherapy program to train health & wellness advocates to safely use essential oils & herbs to care for yourself & family. Feel confident & gain experience making custom aromatherapy blends for you & your family.
Course One: Introduction to Holistic Aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy foundations & principles
- Historical aromatherapy: ancient philosophies, current practice, future growth
- Understanding Aromatherapy: Characteristics & Benefits
- Safety guidelines, contraindications, sensitivities & ethics
- Quality assurance measures
- Olfaction & The Limbic system
- Introduction to Aromatic Chemistry I
- 25 Essential Oil Profiles
- Agarwood, Aquilaria sp. agarwood
- Bergamot, Citrus bergamia
- Roman chamomile, Anthemis nobilis
- Cinnamon, Cinnamomum zeylancium
- Eucalyptus, Eucalyptus globulus
- Citronella, Cymbopogon nardus
- Clary sage, Salvia sclarea
- Cypress, Cupressus sempervirens
- Frankincense, Boswellia carteri
- Juniper, Juniperus communis
- Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia
- Lemon, Citrus limonum
- Myrrh, Commiphora myrrha
- Orange, Citrus sinensis
- Palmarosa, Cymbopogon martini
- Patchouli, Pogostemon cablin
- Peppermint, Mentha x piperita
- Pine, Pinus sylvestris
- Ravintsara, Cinnamomum camphora
- Rose, Rosa damascena
- Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
- Rosewood, Aniba rosaeodora
- Sandalwood, Santalum album
- Tea Tree, Melaleuca alternifolia
- Ylang Ylang, Canaga odorata
- Carrier oil profiles
- Aloe vera
- Coconut oil
- Plant enzymes
- Sea salt
- Application Methods: Inhalation, Topical & Internal
- Art of Blending Guidelines
- Top, Middle & Base Notes and Aromatic Intensity
- Dilution Ratios
- Assignments: Book Report, Final Blends Creation Assignment, Case Studies
Course Two: Body System Anatomy & Physiology I
- Body system overview: balanced and imbalances relating to absorption and elimination
- Digestive & Intestinal systems
- Immune & Lymphatic systems
- Limbic & olfaction system
- Glandular & endocrine system
- Nervous system
- Muscular-skeletal & Integumentary systems
- A&P Code of Ethics, Course Assignments & Case Studies
Frequently Asked Questions
What am I going to learn in this program?
You will learn how to use and blend 25 essential oils for personal and family care. You will gain a solid foundation in understanding what essential oils are, how they work & how to use in aromatherapy practices. Learn about various carrier oils, blending & dilution guidelines and recipes.
- Aromatherapy foundations &Aromatherapy foundations & practices
- Aromatic History Ancient Past to Current History
- 25 essential oils profiles
- Carrier oils & base profiles
- Quality & Production of Essential Oils & Carriers
- Anatomy & Physiology I – Aromatherapy for various body systems & processes including digestion, intestinal, immune, limbic, lymph, glandular, nervous, muscular-skeletal & skin
- Essential oil and carrier interactions & uses for on physical, mental and emotional health
- Basic essential oil chemistry
- How to create & design an effective blend
- Application Methods & Techniques
- Safety guidelines and contraindications (including dermal, respiratory, internal
How long does this program take?
Some students fast track their studies to complete the Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program in 14-16 weeks. Others pace themselves to complete in 6-9 months, depending on their time commitment. Here is our Fast Track Your Holistic Aromatherapy Certification roadmap to get you certified in 4 months.
Do I get access to the teacher to ask questions and get personalized mentoring?
Yes, you will be able to email Jennifer directly to ask questions and have her mentor you throughout the course and while you complete the course assignments and case studies. She believes not only in giving you the information, but also how use and apply it to get results.
Can I add on the Professional and Clinical Aromatherapy courses to my Holistic Program at any time?
Yes, you can add the 5 Professional Aromatherapy certification courses and 4 Clinical Aromatherapy certification courses to your account at any time.
What credentials does JennScents Aromaversity have?
- National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) Approved School & Educator for Levels 1, 2 & 3
- CE Broker #50-5550 (Florida Approved Boards for Licensed Massage Therapist, Nursing & Registered Dietitians)
- NCBTMB #451338-10
- SAM Approved vendor for government hospitals
What does this program include?
- Online access to courses anytime, anywhere
- Instructional training videos for all courses
- Progress tracking making it convenient to start & stop according to your schedule
- Downloadable course workbook
- Quizzes and final exam to reinforce concepts
- Guidance on assignments and case studies
- Direct Mentorship with lead instructor Jennifer Pressimone
- Student discount on essential oils (up to 30% off)
- Access to our private JennScents Aromaversity Student Facebook Group
- Access to Student Resource Library filled with forms, resources, references, and bonus training material
- Certificate of Achievement from a NAHA Approved School